Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Marines in the Wisniewski family!!!

Last year sometime (I think it was May) Ski's brother Bryan called and announced that he wanted to join the Marine Corps. Shocking as it was, we had no doubts what so ever that he could do it! However, since May it's been a long road for him and he has worked harder then anyone I know to make his dream happen. On Dec 19th he was finally able to swear in and these are some of the pictures his wife Noel took.

Yesterday Dec 29th, Bryan left his wife Noel and his baby Celest and headed off to Parris Island, SC for bootcamp. Like the protective big brother he is, Ski can't believe his brother is going through what we went through all those years ago but it's a right of passage that we've all had to endure and I can't wait to hear the stories he has to tell when he's finally done. Matthew has already been talking trash to him about out ranking him. He's a PVT in the Young Marines and Bryan is a Recruit.

I know there is not a brother more proud then Ski is!!!! Here are the two of them almost 12 years ago when Ski graduated from bootcamp. I can't wait to get a picture of the two Wisniewski brothers standing side by side wearing their uniforms!!!!

Looks like Bryan will be graduating about a week from my due date. I know that neither me nor Ski are willing to miss the graduation so it looks like I could have the baby down in SC if he decides to come early!!! I'm just a little nervous about the 7 hour drive there and the 7 hour drive home!!!!

Good Luck Bryan!!! It's going to be a hard 13 weeks but I know you can do it!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's the cute 18 year old chick in the first pic? Oh I definitely remember my night before shipping off to bootcamp... I was single though. heh