Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas came a little early this year!

Matt got a Nascar racetrack from my mom for Christmas this year...I had visions of his little face lighting up when he saw such a big present sitting there with his name on it after he got home from his dads. I imagined him tearing the wrapping paper off as quickly as possible and hearing the excitement in his voice when he begged to put it together right now!!!!

This is how it went in reality!

Matt: "So mom, that's a nice race track in your closet"

My eyes narrowed as I whipped my head around realizing that when I told him to put the school supplies away, he conveniently put it away in the WRONG closet!

Me: "Matthew you were supposed to put the tape in the hallway closet! Since when do I keep school supplies in my bedroom closet - where all your gifts are?"

Matt: "OOPS, I didn't know! Can I put it together????"

Me: "NO!!! It's for Christmas and now you know your BIG gift!"

For the next few days all I heard was pleads of "Please let us put the race track together! Who cares if it isn't Christmas yet!"

...from Ski!!

Seriously! He wanted to play with it worse then Matt did. I swear it is like having 4 kids around here sometimes! (You know I love every minute of it though! It's never a dull moment!) Needless to say, their sweet faces and puppy dog eyes did the trick (not to mention Ski opened the box to see what it look like inside) and I gave in!

No comments: