Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Young Marine!

Matt recently joined the Young Marines program! For the past month he's been in "bootcamp" were they've been PTing, learning drill, learning the uniform regulations and field knowledge - etc. Next month they are taking a trip to Washington DC (FOR FREE!) where they will get to be in a parade, see all the monuments, and visit the Marine Corps Museum. I'm pretty jealous!!! Last night was his graduation from bootcamp. He tried so hard to keep his bearing in the hallway while they were all lined up.


As you can see he needs to work on that bearing a little more!!!


Here he was receiving his graduation plaque and ribbon.


Shaking the hands of his "drill instructors."


I was so proud of my boy!!!!

My Marine and Young Marine!


He's so hard core!!!!!


This was me when I first got out of bootcamp!!!!


Can you see a resemblance???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can definitely see the resemblance.

Brandi said...

Definitely your little mini me!

Anonymous said...

grandma is so proud of you. you look more like a marine now than your mom did when she joined. she looked like a little kid dressing up for Halloween but you look like a real marine.

beckysan01 said...

Yeah...Thanks mom!