Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Mom and Dads visit to North Carolina!

Last month, Ski and I decided that since we were having another baby we better get a vehicle that will actually fit our entire family. So off we went in search of a Dodge Durango. ("Used" of course - who can afford a brand new Durango these days!!!!!) This is what we got!


We also decided that my car would be perfect for my mom because hers was like 12 years old and we asked her if she wanted to buy it. It was definitely time she got something new - and reliable!!!! So we sold my Stratus to her. We also bought my dads Harley! My mom and dad drove down to North Carolina for a Vacation / vehicle swap! It was the first time in over 30 years that my mom and dad took a trip together. My father - otherwise known as "Christopher Columbus" turned a 14 hour drive in 18 hours. Don't ask - we are still trying to figure that one out!


We had a lot of fun while they were here. The "twins" went golfing one day...

We tried to find my mother a "General" on base that could be her sugar daddy... No luck! She's too picky!


We had a cul-de-sac BBQ with the neighbors



And my mom decided to take a few risks...


My dad took a few fashion risks as well...



We also took them to the range so I could see my mother shoot a pistol for the first time in her life. It was priceless.


I love the look on her face here!!!!





I also couldn't resist seeing them play rock band. Oh the priceless pictures I was able to get on this trip are awesome!!!


Three Generations of Rockers!!!





We had such a good time while they were here. It went by quicker then it should have even though they extended their stay by like 3 days. Thanks for coming down guys! Can't wait for the next visit! We love you!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool... Do you think they will travel together again?

Anonymous said...

Shame! Making fun of your mother like that! I sure did have a good time and hated to leave!

Miss you all so much!
mom