Saturday, January 19, 2008

I just keep shaking my head!

A few weeks ago our fridge went out on us. At first we thought it just needed to sit unplugged overnight - you know, good reliable refrigerators need a break sometimes. And to our pleasant surprise, it started right up when we plugged it back in. But it wasn't very long before we heard a weird pop and the strong scent of smoke. It was very convenient really. Especially since the day before I had just went grocery shopping and completely stocked up on everything.

And by everything, I mean every meat you could possibly imagine.

Which meant that over the next couple days I also had to cook every meat you could possibly imagine because you can't just throw it back into the freezer after it thaws! Good times I tell you!

So here it sits, the shell of our old refrigerator. Even after it almost burnt our house down, Ski still didn't want to give up on it. I'm thinking it was really the $550 for a new one he didn't want to give up!


And here is our new one! What I like best about it is that I can open it up and all my food is cold. You can't beat that kind of quality in an appliance!


As Ski and I were filling our fridge with the contents of four coolers my hands started to get really cold. I said to Ski that even though this bucket filled with ice was freezing, I bet it was nothing compared to the water that the people on the Titanic jumped into. My mind just amazes me at some of the observations I come up with! I'm sure your all very impressed as well.


That's all it took before Ski thought of a new game cause you see, we're a team like that! Our minds feed off each other. So - this game - "Lets see who can stand in the water the longest." Yes, my friends - my husband is that creative!

I think Ski made it well into a minute and as you can tell by the look on his face, he made sure everyone heard about how awesome he was. His arms shot into the air like he just won a boxing match and screamed "YES! Beat that losers!" It was very humbling to see him win with such grace!
Matt stayed in the tub for about 30 seconds. A very respectable time I must say!

Then they upped the stakes a little to make it more interesting.

"Who can put their head under water the longest!"

Nothing my family does at this point will surprise me!



Even Caders got in on the action. She stood there for a good 10 seconds! Her father was very proud and cheered her on!

Especially since his two year old daughter stayed in the water longer then her 11 year old sister. Jacqui pretty much stepped in and stepped right back out!

So there you have it - a normal Sunday night at our house!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I take it you didn't have to step into the water?

Anonymous said...

I love it. I cannot wait to have these little moments with my family someday! I <3 and miss you!

redisgr8 said...

Sounds like loads of fun! You guys are great we miss you and the fam sooo much! Tell my Caders I said hi!

Anonymous said...

another great ski idea. its never a dull moment in your house. miss you