Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Jack for Chores

Last summer before we left San Diego, Ski and I decided to take one last trip to Vegas before we left that side of the country. Because my dad had just retired, he made the trip out to the west coast to watch all the kids for us. I don't think we were gone 10 minutes before he had the cards out and was teaching them black jack. That's just what Grandpa's do, they gamble with their grandkids. Anyway, tonight when we were done with dinner and dishes and showers we decided to get some chips from our neighbors and play a little black jack with the kids. Only in this game, the chips represented chores. They started out with 20 chips each and in the end, whoever had the most chips would give that many chores to their sibling.


As you can see Jacqui wasn't doing quite so well and in turn, wasn't taking it very well either.
She isn't what you would call a good loser and of course I took it upon myself to make sure I captured her delightful reaction to getting beat by her brother. I took no pleasure in this at all. Okay so I laughed a little bit. Don't judge me internet ~ she needs to learn she isn't going to win every time.

As you see by the look on his face, Matt never gloated in Jacqui's face or made comments to his sister about the fact that he kept doubling his chips with each bet.

My poor girl. It doesn't matter what board game or card game we all play together, she always loses to her brother.

Cadence got bored so we decided that she could help her mom be the bar maid and bring people refreshments. Matt gave me a tip so I slipped it into Jacqui's pile. She lost it the next hand.

Good Job Caders!!!! You see she matches well...

In the end, Matt had 30 chips and Jacqui had 9. She will be doing 21 of his chores for him.

She feels real good about it too.
I think she would have rather lost all of her money then have to do a single chore for him let alone 21. Sorry baby - that is the chance you take when playing!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that means Matt gets a vacation. 21 chores out of your life gives you a lot of free time.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny!! I love your BLOGS!! Good luck Jacqui!!!!

redisgr8 said...

The kids look like they had fun. Ashley said I want to try that! But you know that she would react the same way Jacq did! Man I wish you were here! I miss you guys sooo much!
Love ya
Amiee