Friday, September 22, 2006

11 years ago today!

11 years ago today I graduated from bootcamp! I was only 17 years old and thought I knew it all!!!! (Of course 3 kids, 2 husbands and one honorable discharge later, I still know it all...)

Here is the picture every Marine who has ever graduated bootcamp has of their platoon marching by...


Those glasses are HOT aren't they!!! My sister was only 9 when she put together that smiley face T-shirt and striped shorts outfit. I questioned my mom that day about Megan's fashion sense and she said (all dramatic might I add) "Don't say anything!!! She picked it out especially for today!" Being the caring sister that I am, I took Megan's sensitive feelings into consideration and to this day, I'm still making fun of her.



I was sooo "Hard Corps!"


My Drill Instructor was giving me my "Eagle, Globe, and Anchor"


Here I am with my Drill Instructors in the Squad Bay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your drill instructors seem kind of butch.... :-D

beckysan01 said...

Most were married but you can imagine the rumors about the short one on the end.

Anonymous said...

wow becky im loving the glasses - what the hell was i thinking wearing that shirt and shorts? and i did not pick that out especially for that day. hopfully soon you could be at my graduation.