Friday, July 14, 2006

Our day at Sea World

Many many years ago, (like 10 years to be exact - July of 1996) a pregnant 18 yr old LCpl (that was me...) walked into Avionics workcenter 65G at MCAS Miramar. I was greeted by Sgt Olsen who was the supervisor at the time. Over the next few years, he and his family became very good friends of mine. He was the person that the military police called when I crashed Cody's brand new mustang into a guard rail on my way to work when I was 9 months pregnant. (I remember the MP saying into the phone "Yes Sgt, we realize she is pregnant" when he called to let my workcenter know that I wouldn't be at work that day because I was on my way to the hospital. I was ALL belly - it was hard to miss!) He came out with us for my 21 birthday and bought me one of my first "legal" drinks. His wife Becky is just as sweet (and CRAZY) as can be and we spent countless hours laughing together. Sgt Olsen became SSgt Olsen and we continued to work together in the 600 office and then again when we both went to Japan. I haven't seen them since before I got out of the Marine Corps in 2001. Today we met up at Sea World and got to catch up before they move to San Fransisco this Monday! It was so good to see them again!

Jon, Bob, Becky, and Bridgette

The show was great!!!

The soak zone!

Jacqui, Jon, Matt and Bridgette on Shamoo

No comments: