Thursday, April 03, 2008

April showers bring May flowers!

It's hard to keep a two year old busy - it's especially hard to keep THIS two year old busy and away from the TV for more then 5 seconds. So I found a nice little project for us to do OUTSIDE! I decided that we were going to plant some flowers. Mind you, I am the same individual that could probably kill an artificial plant if I wasn't careful but I'm trying here people!

Notice that HUGE bag of dirt that I bought to fill the tiny little pot. I was a little ambitious it seems.
I even bought her a little watering can. We over do the water on occasion. I'm sometimes afraid that she's even worse then I am with plants. Though, I don't see how that could be possible.
It wasn't till after we planted our seeds that I remembered my big plan to paint our pots so that she could give it that special touch.

Oh she was so proud of her plants. We probably don't water them as much as we should but I do see a little green starting to show through so we aren't doing as bad as I thought we were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... Good luck on your plants. We recieved two sets of seeds at the Memorial yesterday. Jason's fav flower was a sunflower so for family and the people who stayed later got those seeds and then there was a Forget Me Not flower too. I can't remember what the actual flower was though. So I might try planting it. I am afraid I will kill them. I have one plant that is barely staying alive from last July.