Thursday, February 14, 2008

The sad little Valentine

You wouldn't believe the drama over frozen blueberry pancakes at our house! Yes my friends, Cadence's Valentines day didn't get off to a great start.

Ski got off work early and we decided to go have lunch together since it would be kid free - and by that I mean we would only have 1 kid with us instead of 3. It's pretty sad when that is as kid free as it gets.

But back to the pancakes.

She had three of them for breakfast. The girl can't get enough of them.

By the time Ski got home, she was hungry for lunch and was asking for - you got it - another darn frozen blueberry pancake.

Well I said No.

Oh my gosh I've never seen her so mad at me! The photo shoot we had mid-tantrum didn't cheer her up much either.

She even told on me to her daddy when he got home!

"Mommy's Mean!" she told him. (I have two other kids who, on NUMEROUS occasions, have also told me that I am indeed THE MEANEST MOM they have ever met. I wear that title proudly!)

As she flashed those big blue puppy dog eyes to her dad, I had to restrain him from going into the freezer to get her another pancake. The man just can't resist that girl - especially when he sees her little heart is broken.





But in the end, her little buddy made everything all better - or atleast he made her forget about those darned pancakes for five minutes!


This is her valentines hat. She was so proud of herself for making it!


Oh and here is a picture just cause I thought it was cute. She handed me the camera and told me she wanted to pose. When I started to take the picture, this is what she did! The girl is hysterical!

1 comment:

Ski said...

Don't worry Caders Daddy loves you...and he is not mean!!