Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm 29...again

Okay so I’m really 30.

It doesn’t seem like I have been alive 30 years. When I was younger, it seemed so old and so far away. I’m here to tell you it isn’t as old as it sounds. (This is my fantasy world here, so I can believe what I want.)

My husband did everything possible to make my birthday special! He tried so hard to surprise me, but God bless his little heart, I always find out his plans. Like a week in advance.

First of all the Fam let me sleep in. I’m not sure you can go as far as saying they “let” me sleep in. I pretty much just ignored Cadence when she started screaming “MOM OUT” and let someone else get her. Then I slept for a few more hours. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands!

Ski took another mysterious shopping trip to the commissary this time with our neighbor. His wife’s birthday was yesterday so it was a weekend celebration for both of us starting with the banners on our houses last night. They had been planning a surprise BBQ for us for the past two weeks. Since Matt didn’t know anything about it, I only found out about it a few days ahead of time. Ski wouldn’t make it in the secret service either – he gets too excited about surprises.

My only stipulation on the entire day was that I refused to sit home on my birthday like I do every other day of the week. My plans (which interfered with Ski’s plans) were to go to the MUMfest in New Bern.

Did you know that the MUM is a flower? The only reason I ask is because - I didn’t. I figured it was October so MUM was short for “mummy” – I’m sharp as a tack my friends! Sharp as a tack!

Anyway, the MUMfest. Ski wasn’t as excited about going as I was and he let me know his enthusiasm pretty much every 5 minutes. After about the 15th time he said it, I laid the guilt on thick. “If you don’t want to go, that’s fine. I’ll take the kids all by myself but if you decide you’re going to go, I better not hear another word!” My husband hates guilt trips. Especially when trying to make my birthday special so the rest of the day at the overpriced fair went rather well.

I never thought I would see this!

Jacqui and Matt were "almost" too cool to get balloon animals - that is until Matt found out he could get a Harley Davidson.


Cadence wasn't sure what this guy was all about but she waved anyway!


You know if there is Nascar anywhere in the area we are going to find it!


Matt paid $2.00 to do this.


Now that Cadence is starting to learn the animals, she thought this was heaven on earth!!!

Jacqui and I in line for the "Pirate Ship." A kid two seats behind us threw up!

When we got home, we had a BBQ with our neighbors. They had even gotten us a cake and everything!!! Nothing says love like a cake with whipped frosting! Or cheesy hot dogs! It doesn’t take much to please me!

The two responsible for our birthday celebration!

Amber and I as everyone sang Happy Birthday to us. Unfortunatly the "28" candle was not mine!


Thank you guys for a great birthday and for everything you did for us! Your the best!

3 comments:

redisgr8 said...

Happy Birthday Becky. Do you have any pics of us? Just wondering I miss you. Now did ski not want to go to the fair because of the price or just because?

beckysan01 said...

You know, after all his complaining, I'm still not sure why exactly he didn't want to go. My guess would be the money.

Anonymous said...

if he's anything like Bob Olsen, he gets crabby and doesn't want to go do anything, and then once he goes, he EVENTUALLY has a good time and acts like it was his idea to go...sigh...men!!! Beck